Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dick and Jane books, Addition, Seven Days of Creation, and Painting pumpkins























This week in school Caleb told me that he wanted to start reading his Dic and Jane books. I knew there were a couple of words that were a bit longer than he was used to and I was not sure that he was ready, but decided to go ahead and try it. He did great!!!! It seemed that this was the right amount of challenge for him. He has now been reading and reading. He is trying to read everything too. He picks out words from signs as we are driving down the road, from the mail, newspapers, from the internet... Then also this week in our Saxon Math addition using the actual "+" and "=" signs were introduced. Caleb is making math problems out of every day life now. Yesterday for example he asked me how many cookies there would be if he had 5, Simeon had 5, Daddy had 5 and I had 5. When I talked him through this math he came up with the correct answer of 20. It has been a lot of fun to watch him get excited about what he is learning.


We also painted pumpkins one day for art. The boys really enjoyed this. I am including some pictures of this. The other big event is that Simeon had completed the Seven Days of Creation. I will show some pictures of this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment